The SLHS was initiated by overall 10 institutions of higher education in Switzerland.
Capacity Building in Learning Health Systems
Scientific capacity building is an inherent element of the SLHS. The project partners seek to educate a new generation of researchers who understand health systems and services research as a cooperative endeavor involving multiple stakeholders. The availability of well-trained and capable scientists is essential for establishing a successful and sustainable learning health system.
The SLHS provides PhD scholarships, which are funded by the partner institutions and by swissuniversities. The scholarship program is a jointly led activity between the SLHS and the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+). There is broad range of structured and high-quality programs offered within the network of the SSPH+. Students enrolled in the joint SLHS-SSPH+ Scholarship Program can take full advantage of the existing structures in PhD education provided by the SSPH+.
The objectives of the SLHS-SSPH+ PhD Scholarship Program are:
- to train a new generation of innovative early-stage researchers able to address current and future challenges in the health system and to convert knowledge and ideas into products and services for strengthening health systems
- to raise excellence in research
- to provide enhanced career perspectives in both the academic and non-academic sectors.
SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus
PhD students have the opportunity to enroll in the SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus .
The SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus offers:
- State-of-the art training in methods and topical public health issues
- Broad access to the inter-university multidisciplinary SSPH+ research and teaching faculty
- Study Recommendations for what constitutes a high quality PhD track in public health sciences
- SSPH+ Certificate in Public Health
- Unique networking opportunities with other PhD students and SSPH+ junior and senior scientists all across Switzerland
The course program is available here.
To be eligible for enrollment the following criteria must be met:
- The primary supervisor (committee head) must be a SSPH+ Faculty member.
- PhD students must be formally registered and approved as a PhD student in one of the SSPH+ Foundation partner universities.
PhD students who meet these conditions are welcome to apply for the SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus.