Learn more about the SLHS's higher education network.
Building Scientific Capacity in the SLHS
Building scientific capacity is an integral part of the SLHS. The goal is to train researchers who understand that health system and health services research requires the collaboration of all actors in the health system. The availability of well-trained and capable researchers is essential to build a successful and sustainable learning health system.
SLHS-SSPH+ PhD Scholarship Program
SLHS funds PhD students through funds from the State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI) and partner institutions. The PhD program is a joint activity of the SLHS and the Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+). PhD students in the joint program can use the PhD training structures of the SSPH+ to its full extent.
Goals of the SLHS-SSPH+ PhD Scholarship Program:
- to educate a new generation of innovative young researchers capable of addressing current and future health system challenges by translating knowledge and ideas into products and services to strengthen health systems
- to strengthen excellence in research
- to improve career prospects in both academic and non-academic fields
SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus
PhD students have the opportunity to enroll in the SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus (IGC).
The SSPH+ Inter-university Graduate Campus offers:
- state-of-the art training in methods and topical public health issues
- broad access to the inter-university multidisciplinary SSPH+ research and teaching faculty
- study Recommendations for what constitutes a high quality PhD track in public health sciences
- SSPH+ Certificate in Public Health
- unique networking opportunities with other PhD students and SSPH+ junior and senior scientists all across Switzerland
The course program is available here.